Morph my geckos please....

lora01fl

Someone traded my son leos for some of his cresties. He was told that there are trempers, rainwaters, sunglows, and snowglows in the group but failed to tell him which gecko had what genetics. Normally he would have insisted on knowing what was what, but he didn't this time. I told him he'd have to sell them off as pets, not put them in a breeding program since he doesn't know what they are.

Yes, I contacted the person who traded him and I was given the same song and dance.

Any help would be appreciated.

We will only do four today as several look alike.

1. This one was pink and white as a 5g hatchling. Now 13g.

Could this be a tremper mack snow?

IMG_00892.jpg

IMG_00632-Copy.jpg

2. This one was white as a 4g hatchling. Now 11g and has red/black eyes.

IMG_00912.jpg

IMG_00932.jpg

3. This one we think is a sunglow. ?

IMG_00902.jpg

IMG_00862.jpg

4. This is one we have several of. This is the only one with the banded nose.

IMG_00492.jpg

IMG_00472-2.jpg

Head shot after last shed
IMG_01122.jpg

So, who thinks they might know what they are? *Don't worry, they will still go out as pets!

Last edited:

bubblez825

I think they are:

1) snowglow
2) rainwater
3) sunglow
4) tremper

I'm still learning my genetics and recognizing the "tell-tale signs" of each, so someone with more experience, correct me if I'm wrong :)

rebecky45

My vote is:
1. Snow tremper
2. RAPTOR
3. Sunglow
4. Rainwater?

Yeah, I'm not too great with morphs (especially the albino strains). That's my best guess, though. I'd wait til one of the pros responds. :)
They are nice looking geckos, though!!

DrCarrotTail

I'm no expert but gonna give this a shot to see how my guesses match up with those of more experienced folks.

1.)Snow Bell Albino - those eyes look really pink to me even though I know it wasn't an option.
2.)RAPTOR - Although those tail marking look kinda dark (and cool!!) to me.
3.)Sunglow - Almost sure its Tremper albino.
4.)Sunglow - I'm almost sure its Tremper too.

lora01fl

Thanks everyone! Seems like y'all agree on the sunglow (#3) but it's a mixed bag after that.

I don't think the second one is a raptor unless they hatch pure white. It was sparkly white when it got here.

Guess we won't know any of them for sure since the breeder would not to tell us. I suspect he didn't know for sure either just boxed some up and sent them out. He is one breeder we won't buy from or trade with again!

I'm hoping others will look at these guys and give an opinion too :)

Thanks again,

Lora

lora01fl

Sometimes RAPTORs can look drastically different, depending on the quality :)

That is interesting. So do you think this one is poor quality? Do they all look to be poor quality? Why or why not, if you don't mind saying.

Really just asking your opinion, not feeling hurt or defensive. This is a great learning experience for all of us. :main_yes:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
This is what I think and why. I'll say right off that I'm really only familiar with Trempers so I can't be definitive about which albino strain:
1. Tremper Mack snow (aberrant) - I have hatched a number of these myself and mine look just like this one

2. If the baby hatched white and now has the markings I see, I would guess it hatched as a Mack snow albino patternless stripe. The patternless stripes are known to add spotting with time. If the eyes are truly ruby red (i.e. eclipse eyes) then it would be a raptor. The nicest raptors wouldn't have so much spotting and markings

3. A "sunglow" is really just a superhypotang albino and that looks like what this is.

4. Looks like an aberrant albino. My limited "looking at pictures" albino knowledge leads me to think "Bell" but I guess it could also be a dark colored Tremper or Rainwater.

I hope that's helpful.

Aliza

Visit our friends