Mouth rot & reptaid

kayleyt

My gecko has a mild case of mouth rot & I was wondering if using reptaid would heal it. Or if it would hurt to try? Please let me know your thoughts & opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

I'd schedule a vet visit to get antibiotics and a professional opinion. Infections aren't something you want to take risks with, especially in little geckos. There are a lot of things that can be treated at home, but infections aren't so easy, and can become systemic in a short period of time. Broad spectrum antibiotics should nip it in the butt before it becomes a major issue.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

kayleyt

I'd schedule a vet visit to get antibiotics and a professional opinion. Infections aren't something you want to take risks with, especially in little geckos. There are a lot of things that can be treated at home, but infections aren't so easy, and can become systemic in a short period of time. Broad spectrum antibiotics should nip it in the butt before it becomes a major issue.

Thanks so much! I actually have a fat tail but I wasn't getting any answers back in the fat tail section. I attached a picture of her below, the infection is not too bad. I'm not even sure if it is mouth rot, I just don't want her to be in pain. I am really concerned. Should I try reptaid in the meantime? I won't be able to see a vet for a while.
a189be358b0270a7b0124e085d23976a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

I've never used reptaid, so I can't really give a suggestion as far as that goes. Allegedly it's a natural herbal antibiotic, but that's the extent of my knowledge. If you call around to local exotic vets, someone should be able to get you in soon.

I researched all the exotic vets in my state, and went through vets like tissues until I found one that I liked and trusted. Truly knowledgeable reptile vets can be hard to come by.

If the reptaid seems to help, please let me know. I'm going to look into it deeper, myself. I'm wishing you the best of luck with your little cutie. Keep us posted on how she's doing!

Visit our friends