My Beautiful New Leo! Couldn't have picked a more perfect first pet

SaiyanJason

MY LEO 1.jpg
This is my baby, my first leo and my first true pet. I am extremely confused as to what her genetics are, as when I saw her online she was named a Rainwater Hi Yellow Lavender. However, when I traveled to the Gecko Ranch 2 hours away, she had already had her ready to go in the container labeled as a "Tremper Sunglow Female". To add the cherry on top to my already frustrating lack of knowledge of morphs and the genetic makeup of my own gecko, when she wrote out the receipt, she labeled her a "Tremper Blood Het Rainwater". She said that her parents were Sunglow and I'm honestly just completely lost in understanding how there was so much confusion. Here are some more pics for a better view, I hope it helps. Thank you guys in advance for your time and help, I sincerely appreciate it guys.
MY LEO 3.jpg
MY LEO 2.jpg
MY LEO.jpg

She is absolutely perfect and her personality is even brighter than her skin. Her Temperament is so well. All that's left is to come up with the perfect name. Hope to hear from you guys soon, thank you for your help RepFam.

Neon Aurora

Hmm, there is definitely something very wrong with all of that labeling. All we can tell you is that she is a high yellow (slightly reduced spotting). She's definitely not a tremper or rainwater or sunglow since she is not albino, and she is definitely not a blood.

In conclusion, I would call her a high yellow with unknown hets. You may never know anything else unless you can get information from the breeder that makes more sense.

SaiyanJason

Okay so I've learned as much as I can about the parents. The parents were supposedly 2 blood hypo het rainwater purchased from Ron Tremper at leopardgecko.com so I'm not sure where to go about everything at this point, but thats what I've been told. So according to what I've heard, she's het for blood and rainwater.

Halley

Rainwater Hi Yellow Lavender
Tremper Sunglow Female.
Tremper Blood Het Rainwater

None of these seem to fit. The parents aren't albino, so there's at best a 66% chance of her being het for albino. They also don't look like blood tangs, I'd call them both high yellows, myslef. In addition a Tremper het Rainwater wouldn't be something you'd see too often as the albino strains aren't typically mixed.

I'd have to agree with the other poster at this point and say you have a high yellow with unknown hets.

Neon Aurora

If the parents were het rainwater (which is possible), then your gecko would possibly also be het rainwater. No, I doubt she came from blood lines. Bloods are very, very deep orange (almost red) and those geckos don't look orange at all really.

I don't know much about that place, but seeing as the parents are very doubtfully bloods, I wouldn't put too much confidence in the het rainwater status. If you aren't breeding, than it doesn't really matter what she is. She is a beautiful gecko. =) If you do want to breed, you'll probably want to consider stock from a more reliable place.

OhioGecko

Mod Squad Member
I see a lot of misinformation here. Can you post the Email you got from the Breeder that tells what they are? Then we can help you figure this out.

OhioGecko

Mod Squad Member
The two females look like bloods but the male looks like a blood cross. Any hets are unknown visually. Again, please cut and paste the genetics from the breeder and post here.

SaiyanJason

I actually met her in person, she moved from Cali to NC. The webpage that the offspring of the Blood Hypo het rainwaters are here www.geckoranch.com/leopard-rainwater.html

I don't know how she terribly mislabeled everything the way she did, but I do truly feel like she may be a blood hypo or a hi yellow with the genetics. She's only 38 grams, hatched 09/16/15. She was mislabeled as Tremper blood het rainwater, but I believe it's come down to almost certainty of her being hi yellow/maybe lavender het blood or possibly even a blood hypo. But the parents were ordered from leopardgecko.com so I don't see how there could be much room for error unless eggs were placed together. I'm going to try to talk to Ron Tremper about it and see what I find. But what do you think Ohio? I feel like the general consensus is she's high yellow with unknown genetics, but IS it possible she could be a blood hypo herself, just too young to tell traits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaiyanJason

732290e06ec63117f15bcb1b3563c54d.jpg

This is the actual page talking about the rainwater project itself, my baby is the bottom Juvie on this screenshot.

OhioGecko

Mod Squad Member
From the page you ordered from, you gecko is a het rainwater. There is really no reason to talk to Ron because he does not know what the breeder put together.

SaiyanJason

The only thing I'm thinking about is how the group of mine says blood hets. The parents were blood hypo het rainwater, but I dont know how to do the math as to what she would be. She looks unmistakably like her parents, I'm just not sure if blood is a true genetic trait rather than a polygenic trait.

Neon Aurora

Blood is a line bred trait, so polygenic. I believe they come from JMG lines. Here is what I found. Blood Hypo and Tangerine Leopard Gecko If you follow the link for project availability, you can see what they are going for; Geckos with reduced spotting and dark orange coloring.

I agree that, based on your screenshot, she must be high yellow poss het rainwater (even though she is labeled rainwater, she clearly isn't homozygous). Lavender is pretty ambiguous. I think there was a line called lavenders, but some people also use it to describe a gecko that is more purple than normal and doesn't come from that specific line. I suppose there is no true definition of blood except for having come from that specific line and being dark orange with reduced spotting. Even if the parents come from that line, they didn't seem to inherit much of the deep orange that was the original intent.

Going off of what breeder told you about the genetics of the parents, my best guess would be high yellow 66% possible het rainwater albino, possibly from blood lines. Have you tried emailing the seller and just straight out asking what exactly you have and having her break it down for you? It's pretty hard to make a good guess with so much conflicting information.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I would agree with the post directly above me. As I said also on another thread, Julie of Geckoranch is quite reliable and I imagine she'd be happy to answer any of your other questions. I bought a gecko a few years ago that was labelled as a blood cross and she's definitely not blood colored, so I would guess that some of the blood offspring, being a line bred trait, don't show the coloration. Enjoy your gecko!

Aliza

Visit our friends