My First Gecko House! xD

Raiquiis

Hi,
So, after receiving a lot of advices, i began to build my gecko terrarium.

Here, are some photos, but i still have plenty of things to do, like holes to the cables, cut the wood to put the vent, and the front window(that will be a slide window or a push-to-open window) and the side window. :D

Here are the pictures:

p1040189m.jpg

p1040190b.jpg

p1040190b.jpg

The internal measures are 70 x 35 x 40 cm. :)

Tkohlbre

looks pretty solid! i might even try to do this! That wood isnt ceder or anything like that right? i heard that stuff is toxic to herps.

Srt14292

Est; 1992
Pine is indeed toxic to herps as well, I would suggest varnishing it and sealing it before adding leos for definate (if you are still going ahead with it) Nice catch Stephanie.

Khrysty

I would worry about the lights a little. Are they close enough to the ground or the rocks that the geckos can touch them? You don't want them getting burned..

Also, as albinos, the bright light might bother them. The night lamp is ok but you might want to consider switching the day bulb to an infrared bulb

Otherwise, way cool setup!

Raiquiis

I would worry about the lights a little. Are they close enough to the ground or the rocks that the geckos can touch them? You don't want them getting burned..

Also, as albinos, the bright light might bother them. The night lamp is ok but you might want to consider switching the day bulb to an infrared bulb

Otherwise, way cool setup!

The lamps are about 20 to 25cm from the ground to the lamps. The light lamp is weak, is one economic with 8w.

The terrarium doesn´t have any rocks, so they will not get burned. :p
And the terrarium is at 90%, so i will put more things there. :p

chechatonga

Wow! Great lookin diy setup. The fake rocks that cover the hide is a great idea, looks super easy to clean.
Nice job!
lights do look a little low though.

Visit our friends