My First Leos :D

suggs1990

Hi guys,

These are my two babies on the day that i got them home 28/07/13, they were sold to me as a Mack Snow (now named Mack) and a Mack Snow Hypo (now named Millie) :main_laugh: They are so much fun and I can't wait to see them grow up.
2013-07-29 01.38.29.jpg
Mack and Millie
2013-07-28 19.43.41.jpg
Mack
2013-07-28 19.43.37.jpg
Millie

I am a newb to leos so any advice or comments are more than welcome, especially if anyone thinks that they are not the morphs that they are supposed to be.

Thanks in advance for any help :main_thumbsup:

CharmedMom

Both look like Mack Snows to me, and they're very cute. :)
Are they male and female?
What size tank are they in? Make sure you have plenty of hides (hot, cold and moist). If it's only a 10 gallon it should be okay for now but you'll either have to find a bigger tank or another tank for when they get older. Can't tell from the pic but make sure you have an UTH to provide belly heat and help with digestion.
I would suggest changing the substrate because if they ingest any of that dirt it could cause an impaction. I mainly use paper towels or tiles.
If you have any questions let us know, everyone here is always willing to help. :D

suggs1990

Thanks for the reply, i'm not sure what size the tank is exactly as it was given to me for free by a friend but will check when i get back from holiday. I do have a heat mat under the tank as well as a thermostat to control it.

The substrate currently in there is coco fibre, i was under the impression that this was safe to use as i'm feeding mealworms from a dish so the chances of eating some whilst hunting is pretty minimal. If this is not the case i will get it changed asap.

Thanks again :)

Phoenix1115

Feeding from a dish is safe-ER but since Leos investigate with their tongue they will still often come in contact with the substrate, even if they aren't eating. It's not a death sentence, it's just better to be safe than sorry, in my opinion. Very cute babies!

Visit our friends