My geckos

ReptarNDukeNukem

Gecko Newbie
Well it may be a bummer but I only have two leopard geckos but I hope to start a small colony
This is my little boy name Reptar.I believe he is an Tangerine Tremper Het Raptor.I think he has a stripe down hes back(I'm new to Morphs so what is it called)
lol034.jpg

lol033.jpg

Then here is Duke Nukem and she she basically stopped growing and she is just a plain Leopard Gecko who I bought from Brian O. from the Windy City Gecko.
gb1.jpg

You can tell she is kinda skinny by comparing her to a regular size computer mouse.I hope to get more soon and start breeding by next year.
Those were a little older pictures but here is a more recent video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Uc2Bu8_T4s

Last edited:

Bellalee

I hate to be a downer.. but if you've had her for 2 years, and she's that thin there is something wrong with her, or your husbandry (how you take care of her) there is no way she is supposed to look like that.

ReptarNDukeNukem

Gecko Newbie
For awhile she was a little to much for me.She is bigger now compared to that picture.She eats 5 crickets every other day with calcium with d3 with a little calcium bowl.
I say she is around 7 inches or so and her tail is a lot fatter.I am getting some wax worms for her so she can get a lot bigger.
112045.jpg

J

JohnJohn

I agree. These two look way skinny. Tell us more about your feeding and environment. Maybe we could give some advice.

ReptarNDukeNukem

Gecko Newbie
Well Duke will only eat crickets for the longest of time.When I tried Meal worms for one week she would not eat them.I laced with Calcium like what I do with the crickets but she would not eat them.So then I went back to the usual gut-loading crickets with calcium ever since she usually eats 4-5 crickets.The crickets are usually small or medium because rule of thumb I should not feed them something wider then their eyes.Until this site I did not know the different variety that Leopard geckos can eat more then crickets and meal worms so the next All Animal expo in Wheaton Illinois I am going to see if I can buy some wax worms,phoenix worms,a pinky,and maybe some superworms and silk worms to make their diet diverse and maybe healthier.

I only had the male Reptar the tang. for one month or so.By his breeder he said that Reptar usually ate meal worms without calcium.When I try to feed him crickets with meal worms he usually rejects but I am gradually adding more calcium on them so he gets used to the calcium.He usually eats 2-3 sometimes 4 crickets.I feed them the same time every day at somewhere 8-9 P.M so they get into an cycle.I do not feed them in their cage because I am afraid of the left over crickets nipping at them so I feed them in a small plastic portable container which I believe is 9 inches diameter so they have room to move and hunt .
I hope this information can help my Leopard geckos.
P.S Reptar has gotten bigger since I got him

N

nid_queen

Personaly I would consider getting a fecal test done just in case she has any parasites. You can never be to careful and if she does you don't want them to pass on to your other Leo. Lovley geckos btw!

ReptarNDukeNukem

Gecko Newbie
Well I took them to a vet and checked them and they said they are under weight so she recommended giving the female a pink twice a month and give the male wax worms to fatten them up at least so their tails are fatter.It took awhile to feed the female the pinky because the only type was avaliable was a 1 day frozen pinky and it was difficult but I put a little bit of calcium and she ate it easily.The male doesn't the wax worms surprisingly but he ate some so I am maxing % percentages because he loves meal worms so I am putting in some wax worms with the meal worms.SO I took a few cute picture of Duke Nukem in their humid hide.
"hey you yeah you...... hello!"
DSC01539.jpg

"Whatch you lookin at?"
DSC01550.jpg

"Get outta here"
DSC01555.jpg

Emma318

I need sleep.
One (possibly helpful) hint: I noticed you said that the crickets you feed are normally small to medium size. I think your two gex could take adult size/large crickets easily and that would help get more meat on those bones! Also, try superworms! My guys love them!

Do you know if your vet did a fecal exam on both of them?

ReptarNDukeNukem

Gecko Newbie
Yes he did he said nothing wrong with them just need to get more fat on them.I was going to get wax worms and super worms,but the only place avaliable with them were ***** and when I checked all the containers they were all dead =/

Baoh

They are underweight. The female, especially so. Feed them large crickets. Leave a dusted dish of mealworms in the cage at all times, too.

Visit our friends