My leos tail is purple?

Bbugs

Animal Addict
Hello. My leos tail has always been a darker shade, but today it looked purple. I'm new to this, so is this normal? She is about to shed, because she is very dull. She is extremely active.

62d713c2-e57b-7faa.jpg
62d713c2-e591-377e.jpg
62d713c2-e5cb-1231.jpg

Okay now I'm confused. After taking her out of her cage and handling her, her tail is now whiter again. What did she do?

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Hotter higher temps will make color more vivid/bright. She cooled off is why the tail color changed back to a more white-ish coloration. There is a HUGE difference in Eros' colors between when I first take him out and when I put him back. He goes from bright yellows/whites/lavenders to more of a camoflage color of tans and muted whites. Also it appears your leo has a regenerated tail. Not that THAT should cause problems but just something I thought you should know.

Last edited:

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
You think the color change going from warm to cold is interesting... try walking out of a room that has regular incandescent lighting into one that has fluorescent lighting. Then the colors REALLY pop. It's like you can literally see something turn up the color dial as you get under the fluorescent light.

ajveachster

Several things can affect coloration. Temperature, lighting, shed, stress, ovulation and breeding just to name a few.

Visit our friends