My next project.

Ratman667

The cage that Sunny, my bearded dragon, is in is well... Lets say it is not very pleasant to look at. So...

After I get my other project finished, I will be starting on this:

If you can't make heads from tails...

It will be 5 feet tall, 3 feet wide and 2 feet deep. The actual "cage" will be 18 inches high, and 3 feet wide. Directly below that, there will be two leo cages at 8 inches high and 15 inches wide.

It's not in the photo, but there will be three 18' florescent lights running front to back. On the hot side, there will be a MVB and a ceramic heat emitter. In the middle, towards the cool side, there will be another CHE, lower wattage of course. The second one will be to keep the heat gradient smooth.

Below that, I will have one or two shelves for tubs. How many shelves and tubs depends on what size tubs I decide to use.

Directly below that will be a storage area for supplies and to hide the thermostat. All of the wiring will be hidden on the inside if possible.

I plan on using a "frame-less" design. I will either be using 3/4" or 1/2" plywood. I am leaning towards the 3/4" for strength.

Yes, I understand this will be a very difficult build. My goal is a "professional" look display piece.

Comments? Suggestions? Constructive criticism?

Bellalee

I'm halfway done with mine, although yours is much bigger!!! I can't make sense of much of it lol. I hope it comes out awesome! You seem to be a handy guy :) I wish my boyfriend was much more confident.

gitrdone0420

Gotta catch 'em all!
I'm halfway done with mine, although yours is much bigger!!! I can't make sense of much of it lol. I hope it comes out awesome! You seem to be a handy guy :) I wish my boyfriend was much more confident.

Oh he is very handy. You have no idea =] I am so lucky...

Anyways :: Constructive Criticism = DONT SPEND AS MUCH MONEY AS YOU DID ON THE OTHER FREAKIN CAGE!

ok...
lol. Yea, I cant make heads from tails. I think you lost me somewhere in the title... I have no idea what you are talking about. (haha, I never do! )

<3

gitrdone0420

Gotta catch 'em all!
How are you not handy? You just built me a rack... and you fix my car... and you built a lightbox for me... and you build your own cage... and you fix your own car... and you fix things down at my barn when I need you too. Not handy my butt!

Ratman667

How are you not handy? You just built me a rack... and you fix my car... and you built a lightbox for me... and you build your own cage... and you fix your own car... and you fix things down at my barn when I need you too. Not handy my butt!

Yea, yea, yea...

Yeah ... Aint that fun! :main_evilgrin:

At work, I look forward to cars with drum brakes just so I get to hit something with a big hammer.

Looks like a massive undertaking, I'm sure it will turn out amazing! Can't wait to see photos of the finished piece. ;)

It will be a major project. I am going to take my time and get everything as close to perfect as I can. After I get my taxes back, I have to buy a table saw and a router table. Possibly a jig saw, I'm not sure if I will need it yet.

I have decided on using Birch. It is a bit pricey, but isn't it pretty. I'm not going to use a stain and the sealer will be clear.

Since I will be using such an expensive wood, I will have to build a frame.

I am thinking of using 2x4's.

Visit our friends