NEED HELP NOW WITH HATCHLING!!

Loui1203

My first ever leo baby is hatching and he seems to not be moving much at all ( he looks to be breathing though). How can i help him out of his egg? should i pick him up or mist him? I have no idea... Any advice would be appreciated.
I'm kinda freaking out because i'm a new mom i wanna make sure the little guy makes it. will post a picture in a min.
Thank you!

TripleALeos

Leave him alone.. The usually take their time coming out of the egg.. They have to let their lungs adjust to breathing air. Just be patient. When hes ready, he will come all the way out.

roger

My first ever leo baby is hatching and he seems to not be moving much at all ( he looks to be breathing though). How can i help him out of his egg? should i pick him up or mist him? I have no idea... Any advice would be appreciated.
I'm kinda freaking out because i'm a new mom i wanna make sure the little guy makes it. will post a picture in a min.
Thank you!

Leave him.they also rest in intervals.its tiring for them

Loui1203

Lol thanks guys you were right, all is well. will be posting hatchling pics in a min. I feel so dumb for freaking out. XD I was just worried about him because there was temperature fluctuations but he turned out perfect!

ajveachster

Lol thanks guys you were right, all is well. will be posting hatchling pics in a min. I feel so dumb for freaking out. XD I was just worried about him because there was temperature fluctuations but he turned out perfect!

Eh, it happens. At least you asked before doing anything you weren't sure about. If the time it takes a leo to hatch freaked you out, I'm glad it wasn't a pictus. They take several hours to hatch (I mean like8-14) once they break the shell. Glad to hear all is well.

Visit our friends