Need help with skin stuck in my leos eye!

Zyxl

So here it goes.. My leopard gecko hasn't been eating properly lately so i thought it was just a phase he was having. I then began to realize after about 2 weeks later, it is still going on. I noticed my gecko really didn't know where he was lunging at when he went to eat is food so I instantly looked in his eyes. His left eye was fine but his right eye had some gunk in it. It turns out that it is probably skin from his shed a few weeks ago. I have tried to get some of it out and some actually did come out, but the rest is still stuck in his eye. I dont know how to get the rest out due to the fact that it is really stuck in the corners of his eyes. Any tips? thanks

DrCarrotTail

I wouldn't physically try to remove it from his eye with any object or your fingers. I would soak him in warm (about 95 degree) water for 10 minutes once or twice a day for a week or so. After soaking I would flush his eye out with saline. Just squirt it in his eye, don't touch his eye. If its still there after 5-7 days or if his eye looks like it is getting worse I would get him to a vet.

Visit our friends