Need help!!

jfenton954

Hi my giant day geckos have been laying for some time now and my oldest hatching is about 2 months old now and prior to a few days ago she has always ate like a pig and shedding very good. As quickly as I put insects in she would eat! A few very small crickets a day with a switch to crested gecko diet every few days in between. About a month ago I transitioned her and a couple of weeks younger sibling to a couple of very tiny Dubai roaches a day instead of 3-4 tiny crickets. So now the last few weeks they have been eating 3 very small Dubai roaches a day with the same meal replacement rotation. A couple of days ago I noticed she only ate 2 so didn't think anything of it just added 2 to her dish to make 3 but she didn't eat any.. So I checked her out and she looks like she is trying to shed and has a hump in her back like she backed up. Her poop is very small and I haven't noticed any new ones. Her enclosure stays 70% humidity or higher with cypress mulch and low 80's temp with a 90's basking spot. Let me know know if I need to do something to help her of if this is normal. Thanks. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435066919.600059.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I wish I could help definitively, but I'm not that experienced with day geckos. She may have gotten to the point with her growth that she needs to eat less frequently and that may be what you're seeing. (I don't know what to make of the "hump"). I feed CGD to day geckos, crested geckos, gargoyles and a leachie and there can be long periods of time where it looks as if they haven't touched it, but they're fine. I think that the older day geckos should probably have more CGD and fewer crickets as they mature. I feed my adults CGD 3 times a week and crickets twice a week. HOpe this is helpful.

Aliza

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I don't know much about day gecko care either. Maybe try to find a facebook group for them. You'd find help there.

Visit our friends