Need tips on getting hatchlings to eat Worms.

Pinky81

Ok so I thought it was just Twigg my first hatchlings issue that she refused worms...but even the second hatchling won't eat worms! I have small mealies in a dish at all times in the tub and the bebe pays no attention....

Ive even dumped them onto the floor of the tub thinking all that movement would get her stimulated and she does the little "oh whats that" look...tongue flicks and walks away! What is that???? What is the trick guys for getting a Leo bebe to eat worms...I really wanna get these guys on worms for their families but its just not working.

And i have even touched the worm to their mouth..I have cut a worm and let the leo lick the guts...NOTHING!!! Ahhh! Im frustrated....do I just not feed till they take the worms? That seems dangerous since these guys are so fragile.

Any advice!!!:main_huh:

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
You've got cricket addicts. It's fairly common in young geckos. Withhold food for 4-5 days and try again. If that doesn't work they may not switch over till they are older. There are leopard geckos who just don't like mealworms or super worms. You can also try small super worms, sometimes it's the flavor.

fl_orchidslave

Don't fret smurfette! Just stop feeding crickets and leave worms in a dish for the babes. It may take them a few days, but when they get hungry enough they will eat. Don't feel sorry for them, give in, and feed crickets! They will eat the worms.

Visit our friends