neglected gecko :(

rossg93

I went to my local pet shop yesterday, the guy said he had a baby leo in stock, he took me to look at it and it had stuck shed on its eye, i advised him to remove it with a Q tip but he refused, i am now thinking about buying it to get it away from him :( i was disgusted with the care of the little guy, just thought i'd share it with everyone.

rossg93

also it was REALLY skinny and didnt have any heat source! and by the looks of it there were no fecies in its tank, judging by the general condition of the gecko he wouldnt have cleaned it either!

Embrace Calamity

I would take lots of pictures and call someone to complain. If it's a chain store, usually a call direct to the company itself will help. If it's a local one, talk to the manager. If the person you talked to is the manager, can you call maybe some kind of animal control? Unfortunately, by buying the gecko, it opens up the spot to be taken by another one who will be put in the same condition. It continues the cycle and just makes the store more money. I would try taking action by filing a complaint rather than outright buying it. But when you do file a complaint, you could tell them you'd be willing to take the gecko as long as conditions are improved and no other gecko has to suffer like that.

~Maggot

rossg93

I thought about doing that, it is only a local one and he was the manager, which i couldnt believe, i really feel bad for it as it cant see and he wouldnt let me help, i am going to follow this up as, like you said, there will be many more to follow in its foot steps :/ thanks :main_thumbsup:

Embrace Calamity

Then I would call whoever is in charge of animal welfare in your area. Make sure to take lots of pictures beforehand so they can't get rid of the gecko and pretend it never happened. Good luck. :)

~Maggot

rossg93

Looks like im gunna have to argue for the pictures as he has hidden it in the store room, ill let you know how i get on, thanks for the help :)

Visit our friends