New AFT Owner

cherishedtiger

Hello everyone!

I just picked up my very first set of AFT's and I think I am in love! Got a female het for albino and a male het for albino. Sorry I am still learning all the terminology but the male has the stripe and female doesn't. Cant remember what you call that but to me they are the most beautiful critters on earth.
No pics yet, as every time I grab the camera they both seem to wind up in their hides, sound asleep. :p

Hoping to breed, especially with them both being het for albino. Also hoping to pick up a few more females in the near future. Though I am sure breeding wont be until next year as they are both still quite small.

SO glad I found you guys though, I am very experienced in reptiles of all sorts, but these are my first geckos.

Have a great weekend!

lillith

lillith's leo lovables
Congrats on your pickups, we'd love to see pics once they are settled in!
Fatties are not quite as popular as leos, but a few folks around here are trying to change that...I love mine!

LZRDGRL

Welcome! I also got my first two AFTs this week :main_yes: :D Well, your avatar already has a nice picture of the striped one :main_thumbsup:

Chrissy

cherishedtiger

Thanks! Its just a pic I found online, but it looks very similar to my male. I spent this weekend changing out their substrate, went with a calcium/vita sand instead of the aspen that came with the cage. Not to mention working on cages, and set ups for all the rest of the other reptiles that managed to find their way into my home over the weekend. :)

Visit our friends