New Axanthic Project

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
Here is a new female I picked up. She was purchased as a Wild Caught by a friend of mines down here in Miami. He picked her out because she looked a lot light than the others. He had for a year but he has never bred her. He is no longer working with Fat Tails, so I had to bring her home!

She looks funky enough for me to "dinker" around with. Hopefully she will prove to be a new line of Oreo.

Let me know what you guys think! :main_thumbsup:

Last edited:

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
Yes, i took the pictures today. She is full grown, a bit skinny because she is ovulating and wasn't bred so she has not been eating as much.

Also WC Fat Tail females tend to be, for the most part, a lot smaller than CBB Adults. I have had WC gravid 30 g Fat Tails, lay multiple clutches and do just fine.

TruVueGeckos

Go "Fat" or go home....
Nice pick-up. Good luck on the project. Axanthics are one of my favorite morphs. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
Hopefully it proves out. What will you breed her too Alex?

I just brought her in because she looks so different. TUG Oreos can be so variable, and I agree they don't look like this girl. But in Ball Pythons there are like 3 different lines or Axanthic, so who knows??? lol

I have worked with 2 other WC "Anery/Axanthic" type Fatties, one male never made it, and the other Female didn't prove. This one is very similar to my first Male. Lots or "gray shades" and blue over the eyes and tail (don't know if you can see that too well in the picture). Its a shame she came in as an Adult, I think as babies any type of Anery or Axanthic would be easy to pick out.

I will breed her to a Whiteout and just breed back a Male Whiteout produced from that pairing back to her the following year... Its a short term project, doesn't hurt to try ;)

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
I'm sure there will be multiple lines of Axanthic/Anery that pop up. Fat-Tails are a solid investment, and they're sure to explode in the next few years!

Visit our friends