New hides and rocks all homemade

meg1877

Its easy! just fallow the lizardlandscapes.com instructions. What i really love about making these is the more imperfections the better lol

AlexT

That's what I followed, well with some minor tweaks of my own and it is easy, I literally broke pieces of and kept breaking the sides until the dimensions were a little to big then you just break more pieces. Who is not good at breaking stuff right?
I found out that the ONLY though that needs to be put into it is the dimension. :)

It may end up a "little" messy though :main_laugh:

mudskipper

They look great! How are your leos liking it? What kind of paint did you use? Did you have to seal with polyurethane or something?

AZdale

I really like it. I think I am going to try some of these as well. I have been crazy bored with all my hobbies lately and needed to find something to do. I think you just saved me from bordom.

I have the same questions as mudskipper. What paint/sealer did you use for yours?

GGss6

They look great! How are your leos liking it? What kind of paint did you use? Did you have to seal with polyurethane or something?

I really like it. I think I am going to try some of these as well. I have been crazy bored with all my hobbies lately and needed to find something to do. I think you just saved me from bordom.

I have the same questions as mudskipper. What paint/sealer did you use for yours?

He probably used colored grout.

meg1877

you can use regular acrylic paint over the grout. and to seal i used a few coats of mod podge hard coat. U can find it at any craft store.

AlexT

you can use regular acrylic paint over the grout. and to seal i used a few coats of mod podge hard coat. U can find it at any craft store.

Steal my thunder! :p
I did use a colored grout but I did not use cement paint like the video says too. I used some acyrlic paint to change the grout color then painted it (not spray the paint) with a mixture of acrylic pain to get the color I wanted. Than I used WATERED DOWN mod podge and brushed that on as well. I didnt bother spraying it because it was too think and not worth it. I did slowly increase the thickness as I increased the coats. The only hard part was waiting. I had to wait for every single coat to dry.

My geckos seem to like it. It is like a whole new world for them lol

I know ! When I am bored all I can do is cruise through this website wishing I could have some of these geckos I see :p Or think of projects to do but frankly, I cant think of any more gecko projects for now :p

FYI: It is better to glue outside and except to wait awhile before putting it back into the cage. I had to move my whole operation outside because the house was begging to smell bad because of the nails. :p

Last edited:

Visit our friends