New member here and relatively new crested gecko keeper!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome! We'd love to see pictures of your crested gecko. I got my first crested gecko the summer of 2006 and he's still with me at nearly 18!

Aliza

Thundersloth

Welcome! We'd love to see pictures of your crested gecko. I got my first crested gecko the summer of 2006 and he's still with me at nearly 18!

Aliza
I can try. She recently has not been eating and just ate off my finger for the first time. she hadn't eaten in 2 weeks so I tried some new food (pangea). And I really did not want her too starve so i put some on the wall and on my finger she licked it right off. I know its not the best idea but it was a last resort. I will try to post some pictures of her later but I need her to find her new food bowl with her fruity mix. Hopefully she will smell it. Also this is the first interaction with her without her jumping or running so progress???

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I will say that I have had crested geckos many times that I have never seen eat, but they're thriving. How big is she (approximately) and what size enclosure is she in?

Aliza

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Some crested gecko juveniles do better in a smaller enclosure, but she seems like an older juvenile. I would keep my hatchings who were more like 2-3" in shoebox sized tubs. On the other hand, when I got my current senior gecko, Spenser, at 1 month, I put him directly into a 12"x12"x18" enclosure and he did great.

Aliza

Visit our friends