NEW TO THIS FORUM! I HAVE QUESTIONS!!

leopard love

so i am planning to get a general leopard gecko. my reptile stores have general leopard geckos not the different beautfill ones. i would love to won a beautiful one but i dont want one where i have to have the entire enclourusre humid and special. i just want the gecko to start off with one that just needs simple substrate and of course a little humid hide for them to shed. what are the kinds i can get? plus i have many other questions i would like to ask if you guys can help me please. thank you :):D

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome to GF. I'm glad you're doing your research about getting a gecko. You are asking good questions, but the answers are too long for someone to post in a single thread. The standard "beginner" geckos are leopard geckos, African fat tail geckos, crested geckos and gargoyle geckos. Here is my suggestion:
--Do a "google image" search for each of the type of gecko I mention above and see which one(s) you like
--Do a google search for "[type of gecko] care" and read several caresheets about each type of gecko. That should tell you what you need and how to set them up
--if you still have specific questions, post them here and someone will answer

Aliza

leopard love

thank you that will help alot :) well the rest of my questions are about feeding but i will do a new post so it can be a whole other topic :) do you personally know though what is the best substrate? zoo med clay excavator, or paper towels? or repti carpet?

I would think Leopards would be the way to go. Think of a color and there is a good shot you can find a leo to match lol

LepoInc

If you're talking about the different morphs of leopard geckos, like, your store carries normal types and not "beautiful" morphs, they all require the same exact care. Different morphs aren't different species of geckos, just different genetic makeup. (Ex. Blonde hair compared to brown or red or blue eyes compared to green or brown)

Sent via Tapatalk whilst caring for Eublepharis macularis'

LepoInc

Paper towel is easy, sanitary, and cheap. Repticarpet isn't bad but you have to take precautions and cleaning it is a pain

Sent via Tapatalk whilst caring for Eublepharis macularis'

Visit our friends