Nightcrawlers?

iNSOMNiAC

Ruled by Reptiles
Ok, I don't have a leopard gecko, but this is the only feeder-specific part of the forum it seems. Unless I'm blind. I have a Bibron's gecko, if that much isn't obvious yet! :D

A few stores down here sell nightcrawlers for fishing and such. Rose has been on crickets all 6 months I've had her, since she showed zero interest in the superworms I got her one week.

The 'crawlers are pretty cheap, and I'm wondering if they would be any good as some kind of treat/present? If my memory serves me well, most worms that aren't mealies/supers count as gecko "junk food". I just think it'd be a little enriching to shake things up for her every now-and-then.

Has anyone fed any of their geckos crawlers before?

Dimidiata

Id be careful, the crawlers we have here are boosted on superfood that makes them grow big,fast. Not sure if it would hurt the geckos.

iNSOMNiAC

Ruled by Reptiles
Yeah, I had a feeling getting the bait-intended sort wouldn't be a great idea. Hm. Those are a little pricey, but...Maybe for her birthday! Thanks, guys.

Dimidiata

You can always start a culture. Not too hard. Also, it occured to me that worms eat dirt..literaly. It would probably be best to cleanse/gut load for a few days prior to feeding to clean the dirt our of them.

Visit our friends