EldritchPreacher

I got my leopard gecko in August of this year but Lucious has not grown at all or shed, he is still about 4 to five inches in length max and weighs 9 grams. I feed him every day but sometimes every other day if I run out of crickets and the store is closed and I use calcium on them once a week. I just started multivitamins as I didn't know he needed them which is completely my fault but most are saying he might have parasites which is causing his issues. the local exotic vet is booked for weeks so im not sure what to do. He is still active, hunts fine, and is still very slowly warming up to me. what does everyone thing I should do?
The first two pics are when I got him, the thirds is end of September, and the forth was a few days ago.

Attachments

• 20230905_222803.jpg
    20230905_222803.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • 20230905_222817.jpg
    20230905_222817.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230924_225033.jpg
    20230924_225033.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • 20231108_223602.jpg
    20231108_223602.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
I got my leopard gecko in August of this year but Lucious has not grown at all or shed, he is still about 4 to five inches in length max and weighs 9 grams. I feed him every day but sometimes every other day if I run out of crickets and the store is closed and I use calcium on them once a week. I just started multivitamins as I didn't know he needed them which is completely my fault but most are saying he might have parasites which is causing his issues. the local exotic vet is booked for weeks so im not sure what to do. He is still active, hunts fine, and is still very slowly warming up to me. what does everyone thing I should do?
The first two pics are when I got him, the thirds is end of September, and the forth was a few days ago.
Im not an expert but from what I remember is that baby leopard geckos shed real quick and yo won't probably notice. And judging from his spots, you can tell that he used to be banded but now has spots on your geckos skin whcih I think means that he shedded. Although, he does seem pretty small and skinny (I AM NOT AN EXPERT) so I would fatten him up a bit, not sure because the photo is blurry but between the tail and the body, I think I can see the bones...

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I've had leopard gecko hatchlings get a slow start and gain weight very slowly. He's definitely shed since his markings have changed, as mentioned above. You could consider varying his diet and including some mealworms or superworms; I think the worms are a bit more fatty and would have more calories. He looks pretty proportional to me at this point but obviously should be getting bigger.

Aliza

Visit our friends