Nose Problem Need HELP

Drewhop

So the other day we noticed that our gecko looked like he was getting ready to shed. Started getting a little light colored. We noticed that his left nostril had a brown mark on it like something was possibly stuck. Figured we would check on it again after he shed. See if it might have been stuck shed or something along those lines. Today we see him doing his usual skin eating and then we notice his nose. His left nostril looks almost completely blocked and has a slight irritation around it. Which was not visible until after he shed.

Any help would be appreciated. If he needs a vet visit i have already called around and there is nothing in my area that I can do until monday. He is eating just fine he has removed all his shed. His personality has not changed in the least bit. His temps are fine. His cage is clean. The only thing I did notice is that. There was a superworm that we thought he had ate two days ago when we went to change his repti-carpet we found it still alive under his carpet. We usually dont leave any food in with any of our geckos longer then 2 hours. Could he have been bitten.

Sorry for my giant run on paragraph.

Here are some pics sorry they are not the greatest.

Irritation.jpg

HurtNose.jpg

HurtNose3.jpg

HurtNose3.jpg

OhioGecko

Mod Squad Member
Andy,

I can't really get a good look with the pics povided. Can you take a couple more shots and see if they are better than the ones posted?

If he is eating good and acting normal I would wait to see how he is on Monday. If it hasn't cleared up or your still not able to diagnose the problem I would definately take him to the Vet on Monday.

ajveachster

Looks like snot. It may be irritated from the gecko licking it to get whatever is stuck out. I'd say just wait until your Monday appointment unless it manages to clear up before then.

Drewhop

I tried to post a update saturday night about 2 hours after I posted this but I think the forums went down or my net was acting up.

Needless to say we went out to dinner. When we got home sister in law stopped by. She is studying to be a Vet Tech. I went to grab him out of his aquarium. I picked him up and noticed he had scratched the nostril up that had the blockage. There was a slight amount of blood like from a scratch. He removed the blockage. I just checked on him about 15 minutes ago all the swelling is gone there is no scab or scratch marks (that i can see) and it looks perfectly normal now. Sorry for being a lil over dramatic but I really pride myself on good husbandry practices and would have felt awful if it was something I had done.

I will still keep an eye on it but I think that one of the superworms may have hurt it somehow.

Visit our friends