Not eating

kmichaud

Problem
- My leo's eye became infected after a piece of skin got stuck in it during shedding. That was January 7 (13 days ago). He hasn’t eaten since then. The infection seems have healed, but his eye looks cloudy and I think he has lost his sight in it because he keeps it closed most of the time and doesn't see me when I'm standing on the side of the affected eye. He hasn’t eaten since shedding (2 weeks as I write). I don’t know if he’s not eating because it’s winter and he’s “hibernating” or if it’s because he can’t see as well or is feeling under the weather because of the trauma.

Thank you in advance for your help!

About my leo:
- Male
- 2.5 years old
- Owned for just under 2.5 years
- Pet store

Health/History
- Handled daily or every other day
- Not eating since problem began (1/7/17)
- No past problems

Fecals
- Used to be every other day, but since problem began two weeks ago he’s only pooped 3 times
- 1/19/17. More of the white stuff than the brown stuff.

Housing:
A) Enclosure
- 20 gallon
- glass tank
- reptile carpet
- 3 hides, one log, one Tupperware with moss, one hollow rock tower

B) Heating
- under tank heater and above tank light

C) Cage mates
- no cage mates

Describe Diet:
A) Typical diet
- 7 meal worms every other day
- left in container (I didn’t know hand feeding is an option!)

B) Supplements (describe how often)
- calcium on mealworms
- nothing, I guess?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome to GF!
Does your calcium include vitamin D3? If not, you'll need to add that, though I don't think that's necessarily the problem here.
If the eye is still cloudy and he isn't seeing out of that eye, he may still not feel well enough to eat. I highly recommend a vet visit to insure that he's in good health and doesn't need antibiotics or topical eye medication.

Aliza

Visit our friends