Not sure if my gecko is sick.

timmy51

I bought a Gecko about 3 weeks ago and im not sure if he sick. It dosent seem like he has pooped in about a week. When I first got him he pooped a couple times and today I found one very small one. He sleeps all day and all night from what I can tell. I tried to get a look at his stomach to see if he was impacted but he kept running away from me so it seems like he still has energy. Im also not sure if he is eating, Ive only seen him eat once. I havent had him for very long so Im not sure if he is acting out of the ordinary. He is in a 20 gallon long tank with mat flooring. I have a day light bulb during the day that keeps him at about 80 degrees and a red bulb at night that keeps him at about 70. I also have a heat mat under the tank. I give him fresh water every other day and and have a cap with calcium in the tank and dust his food. Ive been feeding him mealworms and throw a few crickets in there once a week. It also kinda looks like his tail is too thin but Im not sure if that is normal for a younger gecko. Im going to attach a picture to see if his tail is too thin. thank you for any help you can give me, Im probably freaking out for no reason but Id rather be sure.

ajveachster

Your temps are too low, so he probably can't digest his food properly. Typical hot spot for the belly, which means floor temp, is 88-95 F. We usually keep ours about 94. Leos don't need lighting, but sometimes it is used to help keep temps up if the UTH is not enough. Check out some of the care sheets. There is a tab at the very top of the page.

timmy51

Thanks for the info, Im going to pick up a different bulb tomorrow and see if I can get the heat up.

Visit our friends