Only 1 Egg???

diehard2010

Hi, Last night my female gecko laid her egg, its been about 10hours since she laid it and I was wondering when will she lay her second one? The only reason im asking is because ive never experianced this with my other females they have always laid 2 at the same time, Hope someone can give me some advice

ajveachster

Some of our girls will have a single egg for their first clutch or last clutch, with the rest being 2 egg clutches. We have a couple females that only lay one egg clutches. Take a look at her belly. Does it look like she has another fully developed egg in there?

diehard2010

Some of our girls will have a single egg for their first clutch or last clutch, with the rest being 2 egg clutches. We have a couple females that only lay one egg clutches. Take a look at her belly. Does it look like she has another fully developed egg in there?

i had a look at her tummy this morning and it does look like she has pink oval egg shapes in there..

fl_orchidslave

Last week one of my first time layers dropped just one egg and still had another. When she hadn't laid the other within 30 minutes I put her in a warm soak. She laid the other a couple hours later. I don't know if she hadn't taken in enough water to have a smooth passage or if she was confused since it was her first time, but I didn't want her to become egg-bound. They were both duds. She had two eggs before and absorbed them both. Hopefully the next clutch will be good.

A one egg clutch isn't uncommon, just be sure she isn't still holding one. Not saying this is the case here, but they can die from being egg-bound.

Visit our friends