Ovulating

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I moved this thread to the correct sub-forum --leopard gecko breeding. Please be careful to put threads in the correct sub-forum by clicking on that forum in the "table of contents" page.

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. Just like humans reach puberty at different ages, geckos reach maturity at different ages. Some geckos may ovulate at 7 months and some at a year. If you have a 2 year old gecko, though, who isn't ovulating, it has passed the age of sexual maturity and may just be infertile.

Aliza

Brendon_

Oops, sorry. No she is still young not even a year I'd say. I just cant seem to tell if shes ovulating or not. Both of my females I cannot tell if are or not and I both are not a full year yet. I find it hard to believe both are infertile.

Brendon

cowana

If you are inexperienced at looking for it, then it can be hard to find. I had a hard time detecting it in my females at first. Especially in one female with really thick fat pads... They obscured the ovums moving along her reproductive tract. I can't even see her eggs really when she is full-on gravid. Haha

The following thread really helped me identify when my females are ovulating. Just know that (A) if your females are under a year they may not be ovulating yet, and (B) if they are ovulating they are too young to breed. They shouldn't be bred until they're at least a year old and 50g or more.

This thread should help you identify ovulation, though. :)

http://www.geckoforums.net/showthread.php?t=56343

Amy

Visit our friends