Phantasticus Hatchlings!!

MonteQ's

These guys popped out a little while ago. Finally had a chance to get things organized tonight. Enjoy!

Baby 1 - Layed 10/31/2008 - Hatched 02/17/2009 -- 110 days at 68ish F

Hope this gives you an idea of the size
BabyPhant.jpg

Better shot, he'd already started his first shed
ph-Baby3.jpg

Here he is all cleaned up! Gotta love his pattern :main_yes:
PH-Baby1.jpg

Baby 2 -- Layed 10/31/2008 - Hatched 02/20/2009 -- 113 days at 68ish F

In the incubator...Been getting tons of eggshell in hatching shots lately :main_huh: This guy was noticably larger than his clutchmate.
PH2-C1B.jpg

I couldn't get it off, after a few minutes, he tried to help to no avail...
hat2.jpg

Here he is in his new home, you can see his color a little better
PH2-c3.jpg

All all cleaned up. I think he'll turn out to be a cool little dude!
P2-Texture.jpg

They were incubated at 1:1 on perlite (bottle cap method). Temps averaged around 68, but fluctuated as low as 64 and as high as 70. The eggs were in gladware type cups (8oz.) with some pinholes for ventilation. The cups were in a styrofoam cooler to limit drafts, an open container of water was added to help raise humidity.

Thanks for looking!

A

Andrew

Holy crap! They look great, congratulations! This is one of my favorite species of gecko.

spykerherps

-sssSpyker ExoticSsss-
Very Very Cool, Congratulations . Funny you post I was just going through my old PMs yesterday and came across yours about the Phans, Great.

Great luck with them. I am very happy for you.

MonteQ's

Thanks again everyone!

After months of frustration, it's nice to finally have some success with these guys. I almost didn't believe my eyes when I found the first one. With a little luck there should be more to follow...

@ Zach -- lol... that was a while ago! Odd how things work like that sometimes.

MonteQ's

Thanks again!

I'll be sure to update this as they grow. They're both getting a bit bolder already. The first boy let out one heck of a scream when I fed them last night. Didn't know that much sound could come from something soooo small.

Still have yet to see them feed though...

D

downthebeatenpath

Very nice babies, are the leaves you use for leaf liter just leaves from native trees? I see people doing this with dart frogs alot, but I could never tell if they were just leafs you could get from your backyard, or leaves from plants in the tank.

MonteQ's

Thanks Nevin and Chris!

The leaves in these photos are oak leaves I picked up from www.junglebox.net/. I usually just use what falls from my extra ficus, but this was what I had on hand at the time.

Larry, the prices will vary a great deal between WC and CB animals and where you find them. But they tend to run 1-200

MonteQ's

Thanks again! They're doing great! Growing out of the deli cups pretty quickly too.

When I switch them over to larger homes in the next few weeks, I'll try to post a few updated pics...

Visit our friends