Photo Contest?

G

GeckoMandi

I was thinking today that we could use a weekly or monthly photo contest, and somehow feature it on the board.

I'm not sure what a prize could be though, I just thought it could be a neat idea and I would be willing to help out anyway if needed.

I love taking pics of my geckos I do it weekly lol so I thought it would fun to make some sorta contest for it, that is if anyone here feels up to it :)

EDIT: Theme photo contest could be a cool idea, just throwin stuff out there ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

robin

maybe the prize could just to feature the photo like on the front page for "x" amount of time

o0 Ryan 0o

Administrator
Staff member
I'll have some more info to post on this once I finish catching up on my work. I have a cool idea for a monthly contest. I'll fill every in as soon as I can.

G

GeckoMandi

robin said:
sometimes im kinda smart but it comes and goes in spurts
LOL that sounds like me most of the time, I've been told I lack common sense but very book smart :dizzy:

G

GeckoMandi

Well I think I do to, for the most part LOL

I never to listen my redneck family members anyways ;)

o0 Ryan 0o

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I'm caught up on the pressing work for today. Anyways, the idea I had was CafePress related. I've been working on getting everything together and I really like the idea of creating small posters. I was thinking we could have a monthly contest for them. I can take the winners photo/layout and put it into CafePress for everyone to purchase. We'll keep all of the posters available to purchase, and small portion will go to help support the site too.

I don't have any details yet, but I just wanted to see if this sounded like a cool idea. I do know I want to create a spot for the forums logo as well as some info on the winner if wanted. Also, I'll have to figure out a nice way to feature each months winner on the homepage. I'll do it as long as it doesn't look really out of place.

bittner_344

www.theurbanreptile.com
hey ryan, thats sounds awsome!!! i really like this idea of the photo contest, i love taking pictures of all my geckos. does it just have to be leopard geckos?
thanks
-brett

o0 Ryan 0o

Administrator
Staff member
bittner_344 said:
does it just have to be leopard geckos?
Not necessarily. This is where the theme ideas come into play, so there's something to interest everyone...as long as it's reptile related.

G

GeckoMandi

I love that idea Ryan, can you buy posters on cafepress now?? I didn't think you could.

G

geckoracing

bittner_344 said:
whats cafepress? lol

Not sure if that was a serious question or not, but if so.

http://www.cafepress.com/

basically anyone can make their own little store selling items they have with your photos on them. (hope that makes sense)

I like this idea, now if only I was a better photographer, or even had a clue what to do with my camera other then point and click.

J

Jayyoung

Yeah! I am not that good at photography but love taking pictures. I would enter them for sure.

Visit our friends