Picture of my Leo's stomach

Lindz

I'm posting this picture because I noticed her stomach has started getting bigger. I don't know if it's just that she was skinny and is putting some weight on. She also might be prego and me not having any experience with pregnant leopard geckos, I can't really tell. She was being kept with two males before I got here so that is why I'm posting this picture. I know you wonderful forum friends will help me out. :)

She also has a little dark spot so I don't know if it's something to be worried about or not. Here's the picture.

DSC02212-1.jpg

prettyinpink

That dark spot is nothing to be worried about. I believe it's her bladder, the doc told me but I forgot -.- They all have that.

Also, she doesn't look fat. They store most of their fat in their tail and she could use a lot more weight there. How old is she? You should have a scale that measures grams so you can weigh her.

Lindz

My guess would be 8 months. I know they store fat in their tail but her stomach has gotten bigger since I got her about two weeks ago. I didn't know if the white in her stomach could be the eggs. I'm working on getting a scale to weigh her. :)

Theinfidel

Oh so this is the rescued gecko, she's in your hands so she should be great and i dont see anything wrong with it looks fine. Good luck.

GeckoGal

GeckoGal
There's defiantly something going on, she's either ovulating or gravid. the placement of the white spots makes me think she is gravid. She looks pretty skinny to be laying, make sure she is getting enough calcium and food!

Also, you need to separate males. Males should never be housed together. Even if they are fine one day, the next day one could seriously harm or even kill the other. Especially because they have the female to fight over!

Lindz

There's defiantly something going on, she's either ovulating or gravid. the placement of the white spots makes me think she is gravid. She looks pretty skinny to be laying, make sure she is getting enough calcium and food!

Also, you need to separate males. Males should never be housed together. Even if they are fine one day, the next day one could seriously harm or even kill the other. Especially because they have the female to fight over!

Yeah I know not to but my boss at the pet store obviously doesn't. They were bullying her so that's why she's so skinny. They kept her from eating. I don't work there very often, just when she needs me. I went in there and saw her and I knew I had to have her. She's doing so great and eating a lot! Porker. ;)

I'm dusting every time I feed her which is every third day. I've tried feeding every other day but she wont eat until the third. I'm gutloading my feeders as well. I'm going to start reading about hatching eggs just in case she is gravid. I'll be posting a better picture of her soon.

fl_orchidslave

It looks like eggs, not sure tho. I would prepare just in case, such as a lay box. If you don't want to have babies you can freeze the eggs. Whenever I've had to put weight on a thin leo, I offer a dusted superworm every evening. No more than two, even if they want more, to keep from a regurge issue. I'll bet she's happy to get to eat without being pestered!

Visit our friends