Please help, is my gecko's poop ok?

So, yeah, I got my gecko for two weeks now, and when she came to me, the breeder would just feed her roaches (Blaptica dubia) and once or twice a month, mealworms.

Here is all the info about my gecko

About your leo:
- Sex - Incubated for female, haven't confirmed it
- Age & Weight - About 4 months, she came to me with about 9,10 grams, now it must be around 11 or 12 (already bought a scale to keep tracks of her weight)
- How long have you owned your leo - 2 weeks
- Where was he/she obtained - Breeder

A) Health/History
- How often do you handle your leo - The least possible, once or twice a week only to clean the cage, she's still a baby and I've read that I shouldn't be handling her a whole lot
- Is your leo acting any different today? If so how does he/she normally act which differs from now. - Gets VERY stressed out when she sees me, but eats VERY well, and sleeps most of the day, gets out to drink or go to her moist hide or lick the calcium dish only.
- Has he/she had any problems in the past, if so please describe. - Nope.

B) Fecals
- Describe (look any different than normal) When she came to me, her feces were a lot smaller (are double the size now), but they come out very wet (not runny), and stain the toilet paper on a brownish color.
- When was the last time he/she went - 10 minutes ago, lol.

C) Problem
- Please briefly describe the problem and how long it has been going on - I just want to know if her poop is alright or if I should contact a reptile vet.

Housing:
A) Enclosure
- Size - 10 gallon
- Type (ex. glass tank) - glass tank (I have an impression that she doesn't quite "understand" the glass)
- Type of substrate - Toilet paper
- Hides, how many, what kind - 2, one dry (cool side), one moist (warm side)

B) Heating
- Heat source U.T.H
- Cage temps (hot side, cool side) - about 32ºC (89ºF) on the warm side and 28ºC (82ºF)
- Method of regulating heat source - Thermostat
- What are you using to measure your temps - Zoomed Thermometer
- Do you have any lights (describe) - LED light (not too bright, yellowish), during the day and 1 Bright blue LED (3.5v), just so I can see if she gets out during the night, while I'm working or something like that

C) Cage mates
- How many (males, females) - None
- Describe health, or previous problems - None

Describe Diet:
A) Typical diet
- What you're feeding (how often, how much) - 10 crickets every day (she would eat more if I tried to give her, I think), I try to pick them based on the size of her head.
- How are you feeding (hand fed, left in dish, ect) - Thongs or dropping them onto the substrate and letting her catch them.

B) Supplements (describe how often)
- What vitamin/minerals are you using (list brands) - Pure calcium every other day during the week, nothing on weekends.
- What are you gut loading food with - VERY High quality cat food, potatoes and carrots.

And here is a picture of her "bathroom", lol.
P1050804.JPG

mörten

If you are worried you can take a poop sample to the vet - an easy and cheap way to make sure your gecko is well. It looks a bit runny, but that can be normal as she is in a new enviroment and probably feels stressed in the beginning. Give her some time to settle in and see if her poop becomes better. It is a good sign that she is eating well and that she is active. But even though your geckos eats well and you gut load the food, you have to get a multivitamin to dust with every feeding. Among other things, she needs the multivitamins to shed well and to be able to take up the calcium.

Good luck :)

Ozy

I would also add a dry hide over the UTH. Repashy Calcium Plus is an awesome all in one vitamin. And it's pretty normal for their poop to have some liquid with it. :)

Visit our friends