Poop with green tip?

hikki

ydene6ys.jpg

I've red out could be green after shedding but my make didn't shed recently. He didn't eat for a month or so, I thought it could be the reason then. It happens during mating season quite often as I red...

PS: The poop fell on the floor, that's why there is some hair on it and white part is not present...

Sent from my GT-I9100

hikki

I'm waiting for an answer.. Cause I have a female to introduce to him but wouldn't like her to get sick if he is! If I have to wait for next poo it can be very long since he eats barely nothing!

Sent from my GT-I9100

mörten

I am no expert, but I have heard from a friend of mine whose gecko passed greenish feces that it can be a sign of crypto. Is the feces also smelly? You also mention that he barely eats? That might also be an early sign of something unhealthy. I would definitely take a sample of his feces to a vet and get it checked for crypto. Detecting crypto early can make a big difference for your gecko than detecting it too late. As I said, I am not an expert and I am really not trying to scare you by suggesting it might be crypto, but to be on the safe side I would get his feces tested. Even if it is not crypto, you dont loose anything on getting the feces tested. Hopefully there is nothing wrong with your gecko, but if you are worried about him eating barely nothing it could be a good idea to bring him to a vet.

I am sure there are more experienced members on this forum that could give you a better answer :). I wish you good luck anyway!

hikki

Yes I hope to get more answers soon!! The poop smell nothing special. As said, male often stop eating while mating, this was reported often. And he didn't loose weight or maybe just 2g (71g left..) I don't have access to vet that care well for reptile fete so I gotta do alone (with you!)

Sent from my GT-I9100

mörten

Hope there is nothing wrong with him :) I understand your vet situation. I live in Sweden and reptiles aren´t as common as "pets" here as they are in other countries and so there are not many qualified vets that can deal with geckos. Maybee you could ask the breeder or pet store you bought your gecko from if they have a clue what it can be?

hikki

I'll ask shops, anyways, I managed to get him eating a superworm! Wasn't easy though... I put him on a white towel and drop the worm, he starts chasing it but stops before even trying to bite!

I had to drop the worm in front of him at least 8 times before he finally bite! Then he became nervous walking around very fast but not chasing the new worm I drop... So I put him back in his home.

Sent from my GT-I9100

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
Do you feed your prey anything green before your gecko eats it? Thats probably all it is. I lol'd because I find it funny that people investigate every single gecko turd.
If youre THAT worried you really should send a sample any. Any vet can do it. None of us can give you an answer.

hikki

People who had same thing happening can tell their sorry. I know nobody here will tell me EXACTLY what it is, don't worry.

Yeah it could be something the prey didn't digest but my crickets eat nothing green! And the gecko himself couldn't eat anything green.

Sent from my GT-I9100

hikki

Non reptile vet won't take reptiles. I saw something in his back, I'll take a pic and show you that in few hours.

Sent from my GT-I9100

hikki

I will ask again, but I should have a poop for that and with no eating it's quite hard..! He still look like going crazy when seeing something moving, get closer, lick it but no biting, just leaving, ignoring it....

Anyways I could get him to eat by pushing a few wax worms to his nose, don't like the idea of him eating only that but it's better than nothing...

I couldn't get a clear pic of what I saw, it's on his belly above the the V sign, a short line, I thought it could be a cut (not red at all though, just a line like in every gecko back but shorter)?

But he didn't fell and there's nothing that could have done this to him... Maybe all male have that?

Sent from my GT-I9100

Last edited:

DrCarrotTail

What are your tank temperatures? How are you measuring them? It would be a good idea to fill out the info asked for in the sticky of this section. People might be able to give better advice then.

Visit our friends