Possible new Leo's... question about the morph.

RICO

I found these Leo's locally and the guy wants $125 for the pair, they are juvies. But my problem is, they phantom female doesn't look right to me... maybe I'm crazy but I'd love some input from you guys!

APTOR male

2-FD2FA4EA-25850-800.jpg

PHANTOM female

2-82749E00-26168-800.jpg

DrCarrotTail

I'm not expert but I might be suspicious. They look a tad underweight IMO. Also, APTORs are patternless and that top photo definitely has a pattern. I don't know enough about phantoms to say much about that one other than I would check its eyes. If it is a true phantom it should have albino eyes.

How young are they?

RICO

Yeah, they raised question to me as well. But I am by no means an expert on Leo morphs. I'm just getting back into them for possible breeding, but am doing my research; and these little guys dont look like what he's claiming them to be. He does not know approximately how old they are, but he's guessing around 6 months... but if anyone has any ideas on what they may be, I'd appriciate it.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
The male is an aberrant albino. One crucial element to APTOR is the stripe trait and this male's tail is banded. I would be selling juvies looking like that for $30-$35.

The leopard gecko morph calculator defines Phantom as Sunglow (hypo tremper) TUG snow. I have no idea whether or not this gecko is a snow from the picture. It's also possible that a true Phantom would have to be from the TUG line and there's no way to know that for sure.

Aliza

LoveForLeos

Maybe I can shed some light...

Both of these geckos are familiar to me. I produced the Phantom female and the Tangerine Tremper Albino Het Eclipse personally. I own both TUG Phantom parents that produced the female and also have her sister. The Tangerine Tremper Albino Het Eclipse was produced from APTOR and Tangerine Eclipse Het Tremper Albino parents.

It is sad to see them so thin being offered once again for sale. They are actually closer to a year old!!! Just shows the kind of care they have been getting :( They have already gone through SEVERAL owners. :(

RICO, I PM'd you :)

Last edited:

Visit our friends