Pre Breeding conditions

Taquiq

JK Herp
As you know I am breeding Leos this season and I am going to start preparing Taquiq for breeding. Probably at the end of October I will start the light/temp cycling. I have increased Taquiqs feeding to 6 mealies a day and hopefully switch to crix in the next week because my colony has laid eggs! I saw her lick a ton of calcium this morning and she is about 7 1/2 inches long.

I am going to buy male pretty soon and keep them in tub containers to breed. When should I buy the male if I'm going to introduce him to the female in late December or early January? I'm guessing I will buy it sometime in October or November and then introduce the female. I also have a few questions on breeding so see my thread Incubator Questions.

Thanks everyone and I can't wait for breeding to kick off!

Srt14292

Est; 1992
well seeing as the breeding season runs from feb to september, I would allow a while for the male to settle in his own tub before adding him to the female.

Olimpia

La Española
Yep, there's time left before breeding season so you have a few months left to find a great male. Remember though that you should keep the two separated for at least a month just to make sure the new male is healthy. So keep that in mind when planning when to get a male.

Taquiq

JK Herp
Thanks, I am probably gonna get a male with some of my paycheck next week sometime. That gives about 2-3 months.

Visit our friends