Question about housing females together...

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
I have two females that up until recently I housed together in a 40 breeder. I seperated them because one wasnt gaining as much weight I would like, so to keep a close eye on them, she was put in a 20 long by herself.
My question is, I know some people house mulitple females together. In doing this, I assume they would have to remove specific females for breeding, and place them in a tank with a male. When placing the female BACK with the girls, are there any fights?
I assume they have their own hierarcy, and removing a female from the group would disturb this.
Anyone have any experience in this?
I would have originially liked to house more than one female in the 40, but after reading some horror stories, I'm not sure I want to risk it..

sunshinegeckos

I house everything seperate. Easier to monitor feeding and health and if your breeding multiple females to different males or just different females you will know what eggs came from who. It mightt stress the females out to have it disturbed so much and smell the males scent on the female which would stress them out.

Visit our friends