Question about meal and super worm food

Ok so I have been looking around for a new bedding for my meal worm colonies as well as a good food for the meal worms and super worms. I have researched a few live stock feeds that I believe are going to make a very good food and bedding for my feeders. I know this is a huge debate but I truly feel like you can gutload a meal worm and super. I really prefer not to get into the debate about this as it will take away from the thread. But I would love to hear everyones feed back on this and which formula looks the best for food as I haven't fully decided which formula I plan to go with. So let me know what you think and if you see anything bad in any of them please point it out as well. I have also added a cricket diet for everyone to compare the ratios to. But I do not plan on using the cricket diet as a food so don't consider it. Thanks in advance.

316Product.jpg

390Product.jpg

579Product.jpg

196Product.jpg

126product1.jpg

KelliH

Egads I am not exactly sure either. This is my husband's forte', he knows all about how to decipher these nutritional gutloads. I'll ask him to take a look tomorrow and he can give us his professional opinion. I always knew that someday his 25 year's of zoo training would be of some use to him! (Just kidding Steve, I love you!). :sweetheart:

gitrdone0420

Gotta catch 'em all!
I would say that 579 is the best. It has a high amount of protein, a good calcium-phosphorus ratio, nice fiber content and low fat. It also has some other vitamins that may be essential to meal/super worms.
The only problem that I have, is that I have no idea how the super/meal worm digestive system works and I have no idea if it will even process half of the stuff that is in there. I dont know what is essential to their being, except for moisture, calcium and protein. So I really dont know how much help I can be either.
If I were you, and if I had the space/time I would set up a little experiment and put colonies in each of the new beddings just to see how to grow and do. And then feed specific ones to specific geckos to see if it changes the geckos at all as well...
A little scientific experiment =]

Good luck!

Visit our friends