Question about Supplies

P

ppazz1101

Just wondering what type of foam you guys use for custom decor. Can you pick it up at Home Depot or Lowes, hobby stores, or craft stores? What type of grout do you cover with? What type of paint?

I just want to make sure I buy safe supplies.

clegault

I just used the styrofoam packaging that comes with furniture and regular white grout from rona. For the paint i got acrylic (spelling?) and I have yet to get a sealant but im still at the grouting stage

At some hobby stores they will sell stiff green board foam, which is the best in my opinion. Any regular grout will work. I use Simple Grout a pre-mixed grout that you can get a gallon for like $15. Then I go to hobby stores and by non-toxic, acrylic paint.

MiamiLeos

I use regular styrofoam (polystyrene). it comes in a package of 6 rectangular sheets at Home Depot. For the grout I use non-sanded Polyblend, also at Home Depot. I use acrylic paint but you can use any paint as long as you seal it. And for the sealant I use Mod Podge, or lately I have been using Scotch Guard multi surface Tile and Grout sealer. :)

gmaier19

i used the big sheets of styrofoam you can get at lowes for insulation purposes. then i used sanded grout also from lowes. i like the sanded because it ends up looking more like real rock (even though people will tell you that non sanded grout is easier to work with). i chose a grout color that i liked so i didnt have to paint it at all. then i watered down mod podge that i got at a craft store (michaels) to seal it. if you do this to customize your tank its going to look way cooler than anything you can buy imho.

Visit our friends