Quick fimb update

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
I was checking weights and doing some cleaning today so I snapped a few pics of my fimbriatus pair. Banshee is definately getting bigger, and she's gravi for sure. :D Can't tell in pics but I can see a couple of eggs through her belly skin. :main_thumbsup: She's started roaming the bottom of the cage at night so I put in some fresh leaf litter today and am keeping an eye out for eggs. Very psyched if I manage to hatch this species, I can't get over how freaking cool they are! :main_laugh:

fimb1.jpg

fimb2.jpg

fimb3.jpg

fimb4.jpg

fimb5.jpg

fimb6.jpg

fimb7.jpg

uroplatus99

That is great! Fims are just so massive! Hope it all works out for sure... This genus of geckos are just so amazing!

Dron2124

Crested
look like some nice and healthy big geckos there. I love the pic of the one with the legs spread all the way out to her tail so interesting looking.

Salt4Sam

Beardies and Uromastyx
I never knew how big they got. They are so neat looking. I see that you have ine climbing on your arm, are they tamable? I always thought they were skittish.

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Thanks Kev. She's driving me nuts lol, keeps coming down, looking around and is like "nah, not tonight, just kiddin!" :main_laugh:

Uroplatus aren't very skittish or bitey, they just stress easily. They move very slowly, like chameleons.

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Ted, Did she ever lay eggs?

The female laid a single dud about a week ago. At least, I'm pretty sure it's a dud, she didn't roll it and it was glued. I'm incubating it anyway, but I don't hold out much hope. I'm not worried really, Uroplatus are slow breeders, and I'm willing to wait. They continue to show interest in each other, and I hopefully expect more clutches in the coming months.

Visit our friends