Raptor questions.

owsley

Hey there guys, got another question to bounce of you. I'm having a problem with some conflicting information. I have a breeder female I bought as a Mack raptor. After a few seasons now and getting some wierd results from hatchlings.. I got to thinking what if she's Mack albino eclipse instead. Got me to thinking how that would affect outcomes etc.. Started doing a bit more research and came across this from Ron trempers app itself... image.jpg There it says a raptor is simply a tremper eclipse. Nothing about it being paterenless orange.. So I guess my question is this.. Is this just simply a problem with bad app info? Do you have to be paterenless to be a true "raptor". And everything else eclipse? Or is it a case of tomatoe tomàtoe... Hope I'm making sense. We are getting solid eyed Mack albinos with pattern. when we should be getting "Mack raptors"

Neon Aurora

The patternless in raptors doesn't mean murphy's patternless. It refers to patternless stripe.

Baby patternless stripe: https://www.google.com/search?q=pat...hVKPVIKHaP7AD8Q_AUIBygC#imgrc=DKTX4NInHCUURM:
Baby murphy's: https://www.google.com/search?q=pat...sch&q=patternless+gecko&imgrc=pWaoAl-2BelWOM:

Some people require tremper eclipses to also be patternless stripe to be considered a raptor while others don't.

If you are getting results that speak to a mack albino eclipse, than everything checks out. Patternless stripe is not inherited in a Mendelian fashion like Murphy's patternless or tremper albino. Like many other patterns, some babies will have it and some won't.

owsley

Thanks, I knew raptors was from the patternless stripe line not patty, but that does make a lot more sense to me now. Patternless stripe being a line bred trait it's not gurenteed to bred out. Thanks! Sometimes I just need to hear it from a third party for it to sink in. You said tho that some require the paterenless to be labeled a raptor while some don't. Is that acceptable? Or are they misinformed? Is there a grey area? I'd say it's pretty cut and dry when the P in raptor stands for patterenless.. Just curious more than anything at this point. I'm pretty convinced I have a albino eclipse not a "raptor "

Neon Aurora

It's not that it's unacceptable, it's just varying opinions. Personally I think it's a little lazy and possibly a marketing scheme to not require that seeing as it is in the name, but many are okay with any tremper eclipse being a raptor. RADARs and Typhoons I'm on the fence about. I kind of switch back and fourth between calling my rainwater eclipse a rainwater eclipse and a typhoon because I can't decide. Raptors I do think should be patternless stripe, though.

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
Breeders seem to be pretty split on this, so there really is no one set way. Some use tremper eclipse for anything not patternless stripe. Some use raptor for any tremper eclipse since it seems that Ron Tremper does that anyways. If I have one that really doesn't look raptor, I may label it as tremper eclipse even though they are from patternless stripe lines. But since they are from those lines, it really could be labeled either way. You'll see banded raptor and reverse stripe raptor often. It's because of the patternless stripe not always hatching animals without pattern. I hatch quite a few reverse stripes from two patternless stripe animals. I've even hatched a few banded animals from them. They are still from those lines, but don't show it visually. So people either say banded raptor or they say tremper eclipse.

Visit our friends