Raptor/ sunglow pairing

owsley

Wondering if anyone has any experience with crossing raptors to sunglows. We have a female sunglow that's not being used in any projects atm. Noticed she was ovulating and thought about throwing my raptor in with her. I know you can't totally rely on the calculator. But I like to use it to get a general idea. Problem is sunglow is not on the list, I assume cause of its line breed traits. So interested in your guys opinion/experiences. Any idea of what I can expect from hatchlings? Only thing I can come up with is interestingly patteren tremper albinos het eclipse? Thanks in advance!!! image.jpeg
image.jpeg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
That's right, interesting patterned Tremper albinos het eclipse. There will be a range of striping, spotting and tangerine due to the line bred nature of the tangerine, super hypo and stripe traits, they will all be albinos and all be het eclipse.

Aliza

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
If you do a search, there are quite a few sunglow raptors out there. I know Garrick Demeyer used to have them, but not sure about now. I have a sunglow bell het eclipse, so they have been bred into bell, too. It will take a couple seasons of a project to create sunglow raptors unless your sunglow ends up being het eclipse. The first year will be a mix (pattern, color) of tremper and all will be eclipse. Since sunglow is hypo and raptors are (usually) patternless stripe, you might get a variety. But in my experience, the hypo has won out and kept my raptors and radars more patternless vs having the pattern like the patternless stripes (stripes, reverse stripes, spots, ect).

Visit our friends