Raven's Growth Log

Akari_32

Thank you! He's gotten darker in the new tank. I suspect the better heating has something to do with that. I had the flash on for the last pic, though, so he came out kind of yellow lol

Akari_32

4 months, 4 days! That puts him around 5 1/2-6 months, judging by his size when I got him :) Weighed him last night-- 75 grams!!!! Little fatty! That's more than one year old Rowan :O

62E87D60-76F2-4E1A-A601-C838C56F5117-1882-00000322EDCE08DD_zps40a5300a.jpg

4F5ED247-65E9-4B79-8DB1-A90852CA9DC6-1882-00000322F5A55B52_zps8b967ce8.jpg

He's still holding on to that little bit of lavender. Maybe he misses his stripes? Lol

Akari_32

Akari_32

I got him at the FIRExpo. The breeder didn't have their name up (kind of weird, but their stock all looked great). He was marked for $60, but managed to get out for $30 because it was the 2nd day of the show.

LepoInc

Where are you located? If need be, I could pay shipping to ship you the female then pay for you to ship her out. And then we can decide what to do with eggs/hatchlings

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/URL

Akari_32

I'm in central-ish Florida. I have to drive at least an hour north to go any Repticon shows. It's either that or drive at least two hours south LOL it'll be atleast a year or two before I'll have the time to mess with that, but I am intrigued with the idea, don't get me wrong. That will put Raven at a prefect age to breed anyways, if I recall correctly (1-4 years?). I'll save your PM, and we can work it out when I get to a less college-ridden part of my life :)

Akari_32

It's that time again: update time! I've had my cutie little boy for 3 months and 21 days! (I cheated and used an online day calculator LOL).

He's looking particularly bright tonight. He must have recently shed. Pic doesn't show how bright that orange is.

41B884D0-1697-41AD-99AB-355909FCEB86-3029-00000548DB83A474_zps0306e2ee.jpg

It was really cold out last night, so no one came out to eat, but I weighed him a couple nights ago and he was a beefy 80 grams! He's got some arm pit blubber going that I can't seem to get rid of. It's pretty cute, really :p

Oh, so here's a fun story (to me anyways). I had Raven out on the bed tonight and he was doing it usual what-can-I-do-to-get-into-trouble thing. So he tries to sneak off behind my back. I don't bend in the way that would have allowed me to scoop him up, and I didn't want to stand and freak him out, so I just grab him like a claw machine. He usually just accepts bein picked up, but he really wanted something over there and was squirming and putting up a big fuss. So what's he do? *Growls* at me. Twice! He wanted to be behind me, and he was not afraid to tell me LOL No hissing, just a sharp little sand paper sort of sound. I held him up to my face, and looked at him, and he did it again, and gave me this really grumpy face. It was really funny LOL

I feel like it should be said that he is used to be being picked up from over top of his body. He usually waits very patiently for me to place him on my other hand, or move the hand he's in in a way that he can climb out of my fingers, before moving and getting comfortable. He was just really grumpy tonight, which is why I though this was so funny lol I suspect the weather has something to do with it.

Akari_32

3 months, 28 days, and this fatty is about 90 grams. Which is funny because I haven't been feeding him quite as much because of a cold snap (day time temps in the 40s and 50s for a few days. It's now buck up to a yucky 85 degrees...). So even in that week-ish stretch of little to no food, he gained weight. He's probably 6-7 months old, and near 100 grams. Geesh, he's a big baby! Maybe he's got some giant in there somewhere...?

Akari_32

5 months and 5 days with this little cutie :3 well, not really little, any more. I was holding him tonight and it hit me: he's as long as my forearm!! Holy geez, lizard!!

I'm really beginning to think he's a giant. He's longer than Rowan is, and longer than Amelia, too. Not to mention nearly 100 grams =O

As for that bit of lavender on his back-- still there! It's cute though :) Here are some random pictures from tonight.

Just hangin around

Oh hello! Is that something I can eat down there??

Cute lil gecko smile

xfan

Really nice guy you have there, can't wait until my lady get a bit bigger and get into her adult colours :)

Akari_32

Thanks! I had to go back and refresh myself on tiny he was when I brought him home. Holy dang he got big!!!! My friends gecko that she get the same time as I got Raven is maybe 50 or so grams? Lol it's so funny when she brings him over and we compare their sizes. He's got a good 3 inches on hers! I always said I'd have a giant one day, I just didn't realize I already had one LOL I am soooo happy he kept that bright orange. It faded a little bit, but it's still awesome. He's such a cutie. :)

Visit our friends