Red lip

sausage

BSc AMAS
aww poor thing. looks like its in the nostril too from the pic.
is it yellow and cheesy looking inside? have you taken him to a vet??

Galyion

The nostril is fine. Doesn't look like mouth rot. Can't get an appointment till the new year.

Lindz0518

Yeah I would definitely try another vet. My newest gecko made a dive for a cricket, it jumped and he hit his cool hide, which is pretty rough and the side of his nose was pretty pink for a day or so. His aim has improved though, lol.

Galyion

this issue is starting to bother me. called other vets and cant get in till next wed. said put triple antibiotic on it till i can get in. i really don't want to pay the emergency fee to get in now. looked like it was about cleared up but today it back looking as bad as ever. still eating fine and doesn't seem to bother her though. nothing inside her mouth just on the outside

Galyion

Got into the vet today. Said its an ulcer. Use the triple antibiotic and betadine

Galyion

A little bit of info I learned from this ordeal. The ulcer was caused by a vitamin a deficiency. My dusting I looked is repcal herptivite mixed 50 50 with repcal calcium as directed on the label. The herptivite has no vit a as well as crickets have no vit a. So in the 8 weeks I have had her the only vit a was from the few Dubia she ate.

Lindz0518

Poor thing! Well at least it is something treatable, maybe give the crickets some carrots to munch on. You might want to try Repashy Calcium Plus, it has everything in it and you just dust every feeder with it.

Galyion

Got repashy plus now. Using betadine looking better already. Hope it keeps getting better.

Galyion

Looking back through my pics. I didn't realize how much it progressed before it start to get better. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358725693.368524.jpg

Embrace Calamity

Wow, all from a vitamin A deficiency. I've been seeing a lot of people coming on here with all kinds of things just due to that - another reason Repashy is so great! Good thing you caught it before it got worse. Glad it's healing now. :)

~Maggot

Lindz0518

Yeah, there does seem to be some problems with vit A. One of my guys has had some shedding issues and vit A deficiency seems to be likely because the previous owners never gave supplements. I have been giving him Repashy since I got him about 2 months ago and each shed seems to show a little improvement, it seems like it takes a while to get it built back up in their systems.

Kylerbassman

Yeah, there does seem to be some problems with vit A. One of my guys has had some shedding issues and vit A deficiency seems to be likely because the previous owners never gave supplements. I have been giving him Repashy since I got him about 2 months ago and each shed seems to show a little improvement, it seems like it takes a while to get it built back up in their systems.

My male was/is the same. Previous owner wasn't getting him enough or the right amount vitamins/calcium and his first two sheds were terrible. I had to soak him (he hated me for that and cleaning off his toes) but luckily after getting a couple months of the right vitamins and calcium, each shed has gotten much better.

Visit our friends