Results from the "Snow/Fader" Amel project!

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
Many of you may remember when I picked up the “Snow” Amel project from Pat Kline (Luxurious Leopards). I call it the “Fader” Amel, because to me, a snow is an Amel +Axanthic/Anery. I picked up the original male from Pat, and bred him to some normal girls this season. One of those girls came from Jon and San Francisco Geckos. The first clutch hatched, and I was quite surprised to see a baby Amel in the deli cup. My first thought was that the Amel gene was floating around in the female. I talked to Jon, and to his knowledge there’s no way that girl could be het Amel. The Amel that did hatch looks different. Not a night and day difference, but a noticeable one, none the less! The normal sibling is going to take some growing to figure out what’s going on with him. I’m very excited to see where this project goes! I’ll post some pictures this evening of the babies.

Dave

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
So here’s a little update. We hatched 3 eggs from Aberrant Amel Fader X Stripe. We have 5 more eggs to hatch out. So far we’ve gotten 2 “Amel Faders” (Stripe and Banded), and a Stripe. The “Amels” (I use that term loosely, as it manifested in the F1), have the same color scheme as an Amel, but they’re very light and look nothing like the Amels I’ve ever hatched. It will be interesting to see what other results this project yields.
When you look at the picture of the baby, I’m warning you, the picture makes it look very similar to a typical Amel. I couldn’t quite capture it accurately. People have seen this animal vs. typical Amels and there’s a definite difference.

Visit our friends