Scab/Dark Discoloration on Nose and upper lip?

themaxx76

Hello,

I'd first like to thank everyone on here for the help and expertise you have all shared with me. My little girl is finally eating regularly, about 4-5 crickets every other day dusted with Repashy Calcium Plus Vitamins. She even seems to like the taste of it as she has licked crickets several times before eating them. After a shed a few weeks back, I noticed that her nose looked a little pink. Here is a picture of her nose after a shed -
nosescab3.jpg

And then over the last couple weeks, the pink seems to have turned a dark color, almost looks like a little mustache. She peeked her head out today and I noticed she looks like she's going to shed again, I also noticed that the dark spots on her upper lip almost looked like scabs. Here are a couple pics I managed to take before she went back to sleep.
nosescab2.jpg

nosescab.jpg

Her nostrils are clear and unobstructed, no pus/discharge of any kind. She's still active at night and still enjoys climbing up and hanging out on my shoulder. What I would like to know is - Is this an injury sustained during her last shed, i.e. friction on her nose? Is this an infection? is there anything else I should do other than a soak? Please let me know and again, thanks for your help. :)

themaxx76

It's night time, and she's awake and just ate, now looking at the dark spots, they don't look as bad, I guess it just must be a scab from where she was rubbing her nose during a shed.

mörten

I think she looks alright :) Sometimes they get a little red from rubbing their nose during shed. I have seen my gecko do it a couple of times and to me it seems like he rubs his nose quite hard against his cave. By the way, your gecko girl is adorable! She is soooo cute and seems to be a lovely gecko!

Visit our friends