Shedding Problem

migdem

I have a humid hide in the vivarium but for a reason my gecko's do not go in it. Now one of them is not shedding properly. What should I do? The hide is a custom made of a container i made a hole on the top but I never saw them in it. It is a bit big for them because they are still juveniles. I use coconut peat moss in it and it is extremely humid.

joshyy_rey

in my short experience mine never uses his humid hide until its shed time and he only goes in there when hes done i guess to relax. but i use one with a hole on the side. maybe put the hole on the side so they know its there?

joshyy_rey

Idk about realistic. Mine is just a plastic carryout container with moss. I guess you could decorate the container

Sent from Samsung Vibrant

Pinky81

I have one of these as a humid hide..works REALLY well!! I think its called 3 in 1 repti-cave. you can get it at most pet stores.

also I have found that if you take out their normal hide and replace it with the humid hide as soon as you notice the ghosty color. or just add moist stuff to the hide on the hot side..that way they have to use it.

ps please focus you attention on the hide in the photo..not the gecko lovin in the foreground!! :main_laugh::p:main_laugh:

migdem

I got this locally because I could not fine anything else but the problem is that the hole is a bit small and when i want to take out the gecko I could not because the inside enclouser is a bit small for my hand.

IMG_3372.jpg

IMG_3374.jpg

Visit our friends