Shedding??

Djthegeckoguy

My gecko just started shedding and is putting no work in getting it off. He is not even rubbing on things. Should I not worry since he just started?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

indyana

Depends what you mean by "shedding". If he's just light colored, with a bit of fraying around the limbs, then I wouldn't worry yet, as he might not be ready to pull it off.

If it's half-off, then you might have an issue?

Djthegeckoguy

9b5e61137e55cff5819e503efba203ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

indyana

How's he doing? If he hasn't started removing the shed by now, you'll want to do a sauna treatment or two and remove it gently.

Also, that would be odd behavior and warrant a basic environment/diet check.

Drawberry

My lil' noodle just did the same thing! He was shedding but not super actively pulling it off. The next day he'd gotten himself on the right track and managed to do it all himself :3

Ruvik

Question, When your gecko starts to shed, do they kinda pull back with eating? Like stop eating til after they shed?

cowana

I think it depends on the particular gecko, but they certainly can. I have 2 that it doesn't seem to slow them down or bother them at all, and my other 2 just want to lounge around in their humid hides and barely move. Those 2 will barely eat, if they eat at all. They usually have a meal once they get their skin off. :)

Visit our friends