Size/Weight for roommates?

Snyds

Hello, this is a question that I've had for some time now, and I've kind of addressed it on one of my other threads but I believe it was misunderstood.

This is no problem, however I think I'm going to devote it's own thread.

I have one 7-8 inch male. I recently acquired 2 Juvie females. I have a cage that is similar or greater in size of a 40 gallon, and I would like to put them together when they are the appropriate size. Assuming that the breeder did not lie about the genders, and eliminating the whole breeding issue (I have an incubator so as long as the females are at an okay weight that will not be an issue), at what size, or weight could I house the geckos together?

The babies are being housed together as of now in there own separate cage. If you would like to see pics, please view my Flickr profile here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/58312104@N08/

Side note-I am aware that certain issues may rise. I feed all of the geckos out of there cages and separately, so I know that there is no competition or dominance issues in that spectrum. Of course if there are issues I will remove the geckos. I am just asking, if possible, at what size or weight will they live comfortably together.

Thanks!

roger

Hello, this is a question that I've had for some time now, and I've kind of addressed it on one of my other threads but I believe it was misunderstood.

This is no problem, however I think I'm going to devote it's own thread.

I have one 7-8 inch male. I recently acquired 2 Juvie females. I have a cage that is similar or greater in size of a 40 gallon, and I would like to put them together when they are the appropriate size. Assuming that the breeder did not lie about the genders, and eliminating the whole breeding issue (I have an incubator so as long as the females are at an okay weight that will not be an issue), at what size, or weight could I house the geckos together?

The babies are being housed together as of now in there own separate cage. If you would like to see pics, please view my Flickr profile here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/58312104@N08/

Side note-I am aware that certain issues may rise. I feed all of the geckos out of there cages and separately, so I know that there is no competition or dominance issues in that spectrum. Of course if there are issues I will remove the geckos. I am just asking, if possible, at what size or weight will they live comfortably together.

Thanks!

I would wait till your 2 juvies are the same weight and size as your male.

Snyds

Could they be a little lighter or smaller?

This male is full grown and pretty fat. I think it would take like a year for the females to really catch up to him...not to mention the fact that males are usually a tad bigger or heavier than females...could they be any lighter or is that really a rule of thumb?

roger

Could they be a little lighter or smaller?

This male is full grown and pretty fat. I think it would take like a year for the females to really catch up to him...not to mention the fact that males are usually a tad bigger or heavier than females...could they be any lighter or is that really a rule of thumb?

Why the urgency on putting them together?im not a big fan of keeping loes together at all but u seemed determined to wantto put them together.I would not put them in if they were lighter or smaller.if they are generally the same size it would be ok.The male is going to want to mate with them and if they are not big enough and they get gravid it could cause health issues.

Snyds

I would like to keep them together because I would rather be more efficient with my space. Of course this will not get in the way, I will do what is best for the geckos. I'll wait a while.

Thank you for your help! I really do appreciate it!

roger

I would like to keep them together because I would rather be more efficient with my space. Of course this will not get in the way, I will do what is best for the geckos. I'll wait a while.

Thank you for your help! I really do appreciate it!

No problem

Visit our friends