Skittish Geckos

jacobrov

Hi all! Two months ago I purchased two female leopard geckos from a local pet store. The two have lived together their whole lives so I have been housing them together to ease their transition, and have never seen them be hostile (they sleep curled together, it's adorable). However, I just have one concern. Even after two months they still seem quite frightened of me, if I stand up from my desk at night they will get spooked and sprint back to their den. They are OK when I bring out their food as I have been feeding them by hand, but I just worry that I am stressing them out by being close. One I was able to handle once as she climbed on my hand after feeding, but the other always darts away. Sorry for the long post, was just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to convince them I am not a threat? Thanks :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

indyana

It just takes time. Babies especially have a very strong "flight" response to things. Try to startle them as little as possible (moving more slowly, not chasing them around, etc.) and keep feeding by hand. They will learn. :)

Visit our friends