Sleeping in humid hide

smsararas2

Hi, Just looking for some guildance.
I keep finding my juvie Tremper Albino sleeping in her moist hide. I would not be concerned but its on the cool side of her enclosure. everytime i get her out she is sooo cold to the touch. i get goose bumps.

little history
I had just moved her to a separate housing due to her lack of eating. she was housed with my juvie blizzard. she has never been a big eater but i can handle that but my blizzard was faster at th draw than her.

should i take the moist hide out for the time being? or just let her do what she wants?
she did shed 3 days ago so it can't be a pre-shed thing.

thx:main_robin:

Pinky81

I too worried about this because my apartment gets down to 62 at night, and my Leo's like to do there shedding at night. So what I do is when I know they are shedding I put a moonglow bulb over the moist hide (mine is located in the cool side) and i have a temp probe in the hide and I leave that on over the moist hide...it keeps that hide around 72-75 degrees. after they are done shedding I turn the light off. then i just trust that they will venture back to their warm sides if they need to up their temps.

Designer Geckos

Contributor
I've posted about this before....we only put a moist hide in our enclosures at shed time, especially with Tremper or Bell Albinos....they will brown out quickly if they are not spending enough time in the warm hide, and most geckos will go off food when not keeping warm enough. My suggestion is to use a moist hide only at shed time....works well for us and we have tons of albinos that have held their colors very well.

Even if you keep the moist hide over the UTH it will likely not attain 90 degrees unless you put the thermostat probe inside the moist hide itself.

The only light we use in our terrariums is a 15 watt red bulb for viewing and some ambient warmth.

Just my opinion on this. Good luck.

smsararas2

Thank you for all your opinions and idea. I have taken out her moist hide and she has taken to sleeping in her warm hid. I really appreciate having the ability to come on here and ask for suggestions. It makes things much easier.

Visit our friends