small eggs

UnDeRtOw00

Hey, my first year breeder just laid her second clutch of eggs. The first clutch were no good and actually flattened. These look great but just seem small to me...This is my first year breeding and dont' actually even know what is normal size. Does egg size have anything to do with them being fertile or not?
Do smaller eggs do just as well as big ones?
They are about the size of the top knuckle of my pinky finger.. i know that deosn't say much as everyones hands are different size. I can take pics if needed.

UnDeRtOw00

Size isn't important much.. have u candled them

No...she laid them just before i left for work...I didn't want to leave them for10 hours while i went to work so i took them out fresh, and put them right into the incubator.
That was going to be the next thing i looked into...How long should i wait to candle them?

UnDeRtOw00

just candled one..it had some moss stuck to it but it looked pretty clear yellow to me. no bullseye :main_no: didnt' touch the other one because they are still pretty soft. im incubating anyway..don't have anything else in it. Thanks for your replies.

UnDeRtOw00

wait...if both arent' fertile, should i be reintroducing her to my male or just waiting until next season? I only witnessed one copulation.

Taquiq

JK Herp
wait...if both arent' fertile, should i be reintroducing her to my male or just waiting until next season? I only witnessed one copulation.

She will likely lay at least a couple more clutches this year. One of my first year breeders went 3/8 on fertility. This is the order.

Infertile
Infertile

Infertile
Infertile

Infertile
Fertile

Fertile
Fertile

Good luck! You can re-introduce after the second or third clutch.

Visit our friends