Squishy belly?

Phoenix1115

My little girl, Jelly Bean, is about a year old, give or take (pet store bought, so actual age is unknown). I'm starting to get a little concerned because she seems to have no muscle tone in her body at all. When I pick her up she's very squishy. All of my others her age have a nice firm belly and she kind of feels like, well, jelly. She is only 33g and not overweight. The others her age and size are around the same weight as well. She acts normally, though, climbing around her tank and such. She cruises around my desk while I'm doing work too is definitely an active little thing! She did have those armpit puffs a few months back so I reduced the amount of supplements I gave her and now she's back to normal.

Is she just a chubster or should I be concerned that her belly is so soft?

Her on the right next to my 90g male
tumblr_mnudovukC71r39a9do2_500.jpg

She likes to lie down like this, but she stands and walks normally
tumblr_mnfcyp5rm11r39a9do2_500.jpg

Geckos8

Maybe it's because you reduced her supplements? Armpit "puffs" are completely normal and a sign of good health :) What brand of supplement are you using?

Geckos8

Lack of muscle tone is a sign of calcium deficiency. Instead of using those supplements I would use Repashy Calcium Plus. I dust my gecko's feeders with it every feeding and my gecko is very, very healthy. Good luck :)

Phoenix1115

The other gecko in her tank is fine haha. Maybe it was from when she was a baby at the petstore and she didn't get the supplements she needed?

Geckos8

The other gecko in her tank is fine haha. Maybe it was from when she was a baby at the petstore and she didn't get the supplements she needed?
Possibility. I read the other one is fine, but each gecko is different. One could be affected before the other. I just really love Repashy brand, its awesome and I think everyone should use it. I just have had such great results with it, but its your decision of course :) I know I'm not much help, maybe someone with more experience with this will help you out :D

Phoenix1115

No I appreciate the responses! I'll see if the store by me has that brand. I actually just lost my calcium (I filled a salt shaker with it for easy application - so I've been using that) so this would be a good time to try a new brand

Visit our friends