Stripe x Stripe = Banded

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
I bred a Striped Caramel to a Striped Zero sib (with batman pattern) earlier this year. My goal is to produce darker Caramels and I hope the Zero gene will help do that by making "Zero Sib" Caramel..I also hope to produce Zero Caramels and Super Zero Caramels in the future. However, I got some interesting results.

All babies were Striped, except for one. I did produce a "Batman" Zero and the last gecko to hatch was a banded animal!! Not sure what it is yet, it is only a few days old (has not started eating yet) and it is showing off some wicked blushing.

I will be keeping my eye on this gecko (incubated male) and hopefully breed it to some Caramels and back to its Batman sibling.

Here are some pictures of the parents and select offspring that I was talking about.

This proves Stripe x Stripe can produce banded animals!

Striped Caramel:
IMG_0921.jpg

Zero Sibling (Batman Pattern):
IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

2012 Batman het. Caramel:
IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

2012 Banded "Stinger" Type het. Caramel:
photo-7.jpg

Thanks for looking! :main_thumbsup:

Last edited:

EverEvolvingExotics

Fascinating things happen when you add normally light colored morphs with normally dark colored morphs. Thinking in terms of ball pythons look at combos like the butter black pastel, amazing. I think the zero caramels are awesome, but I have yet to see an adult picture. Do you know of anywhere I could find some adult or sub-adult shots?

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
Makes sense if the gene is dominant, and each Stripe is a "het", you should get 2/4 het Stripe, 1/4 homo Stripe, and 1/4 Banded.

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
Makes sense if the gene is dominant, and each Stripe is a "het", you should get 2/4 het Stripe, 1/4 homo Stripe, and 1/4 Banded.

I guess you right, Both parents seem to be het. Stripe. The way the stripe gene works is becoming more clear.

Last edited:

Visit our friends